The Frank Lloyd Wright Trail was authorized by the state legislature in late April and announced officially by the Illinois Office of Tourism. Official Frank Lloyd Wright Trail signs will be posted throughout the state this summer, officials said. “The new trail celebrates Frank Lloyd Wright history and his connection
An Education Packet is available from the Dana-Thomas House for use in classrooms. The packet contains a PowerPoint and narrative to accompany the photos and is available in elementary, intermediate or high school levels of design and content. To download Education Packets, visit Click Here The Education Packet is divided
The purpose of the Dana-Thomas House Foundation is to promote citizen awareness of the architectural significance of the Frank Lloyd Wright Dana-Thomas House Historic Site in Springfield, Illinois, and to protect the House through promotion of special events, educational programs, acquisition of funds and properties, and to otherwise take any
The Dana-Thomas House (DTH) was designed by Frank Lloyd Wright in 1902 for Susan Lawrence Dana, a forward-thinking socialite living in Springfield, Illinois. The home, the 72nd building designed by Wright, contains the largest collection of site-specific, original Wright art glass and furniture. Wright’s first “blank check” commission, the home
Frank Lloyd Wright – Architect Frank Lloyd Wright (1867-1959) revolutionized American domestic architecture. He was just thirty-five in 1902, the year he began design of the Dana House. He was already well-known in the Midwest for his innovative approach to residential architecture. The Dana House commission was his largest to
Susan Lawrence (1862-1946), the woman who commissioned Frank Lloyd Wright in 1902 to “remodel” her deceased father’s home in Springfield, Illinois, lived during a period in history when women were finding their voices and carving out new places in society. As the world changed around her, she assumed several names
Charles C. Thomas, Publisher The Dana House was purchased by Charles C. Thomas, Publisher in 1944 and thereafter referred to as Bannerstone House. The building was used as administrative offices by the publishing company. Little was changed during the Thomas ownership and great care was taken to safeguard the collection.